The benefits of being an ASP member
Anyone with an interest in ceramics, whether making or collecting will benefit from being part of the Auckland ceramic community based at the ASP.
Why join the ASP?
Some of the services we provide:
- A full range of pottery classes, from absolute beginners to a course run in co-operation with the Otago Polytechnic School of Art leading to a formal tertiary diploma.
- Specialist workshops led by visiting potters from New Zealand and overseas. (above) John Parker demonstrates glazing for members.
- You will receive the monthly newsletter before it appears on this website.
- Regular social events for members.
- Our annual open day and fundraiser - the Big Clay Day Out. As a member you'll be able to sell your work at this popular market.
- You'll be able to submit work for selection at our annual exhibitions like "Fire and Clay".
- You can make use of the studio facilities of the society when they are not being used for formal tuition.
- A well-maintained library with free borrowing facilities.
- Members receive a discount on clay purchases.
- Our regular classes are 10% cheaper for members.
Workshops and other events at ASP
As a community-based organisation, we have contact with local schools, charities, play groups and special needs folk.
Quiz night fundraising event.
Soup Bowl Night. A fundraiser for the Auckland Refugee Family Trust.
Demonstrating to the public in the foyer of the Auckland Art Gallery